Our EC Blogpoll Ballot – Week 6
Posted by wct6 on October 3, 2007
As you should definitely know by now, we have a blog poll over at Epic Carnival that comes out every week. Before you check out the complete rankings according to the carnies, check out our ballot and comments:
1. LSU – The AP voters finally started to see things our way. Can’t wait to see this team in person Saturday.
2. USC – Sorry. You gotta be able to beat an unranked team by more than 3 to be #1.
3. Cal – Mark our words: They will beat USC. Well, them or Oregon.
4. Ohio State – Truth be told, we don’t think they are that good. But we can’t find anyone else to put in this spot, so the Bucks are #4.
5. Florida – We can’t punish them too much for this past weekend. Plus we want to beleive that this Saturday’s game is still meaningful.
6. Wisconsin – Starting to look like the 2002 Buckeyes.
7. Boston College – They don’t play another tough game for almost a month.
8. South Florida – Tough, tough defense, but a very shaky offense.
9. Oklahoma – Didn’t punish them too much, but they better crush Texas this weekend, or we’re going to really drop them.
10. Kentucky – We love them, but having them ahead of teams like Florida or Oklahoma is insanity.
11. Oregon – We didn’t move them down at all because we were that impressed with this team in defeat Saturday.
12. South Carolina – Steve Spurrier is a coaching god.
13. Virginia Tech – Slowly climbing back up the rankings. Big game October 25 against BC.
14. West Virginia – We knew that would happen eventually.
15. Texas – See above
16. Georgia – Still think this is a decent team. Should be an interesting month for them having to play Tennessee and Florida
17. Missouri – We see them destroying Nebraska and going to the Big 12 Championship game without breaking a sweat.
18. Purdue – Lots of O, not much D. Should be interesting match-up this weekend when the Buckeyes come to West Lafayette.
19. Arizona St. – All they had to do what get rid of Sam Keller, and suddenly this is a pretty good football team
20. Rutgers – How do you lose at home to Maryland?? Ray Rice can kiss the Heisman goodbye
21. Cincinnatti – The Big East now has one more team on my board than the Big Ten. Weird. Cincy vs. Rutgers should be a pretty good game this weekend.
* * * * *
Alabama – Ugh. You lost to a reeling Florida State team? We take back all of the good things we said about this team.
Clemson – We told you they were overrated! We told you!
* * * * *
Others Receiving Consideration:
Michigan State – This is a team people are going to have to deal with. The other 10 teams in the conference shed a tear when they fired John L. Smith.
* * * * *
Receiving Consideration? Hell-to-the-naw!
Hawaii (or is it Hawai’i? Suddenly some people started putting an apostrophe there.)