As you may or may not know by now, we have a blog poll over at Epic Carnival that comes out every week. Before you check out the complete rankings according to the carnies, check out our ballot and comments:
1. LSU – Circle your calendars folks, October 6th the Gators come calling. And WE WILL BE THERE!!!
2. USC – *yawn* When do they play Cal again?
3. Florida – Last week we said “we’re believers now” after this past week, we don’t know what to believe anymore
4. Oklahoma – *yawn* When do they play Texas again?
5. Cal – Game of the week: Bears travel to Eugene to take on Oregon to see who is the 2nd best team in the Pac-10. Should be a good one.
6. Wisconsin – We flip-flopped ‘sconsin and Cal after another disappointingly close win over an inferior team
7. Ohio State – The Buckeye D has allowed one meaningful touchdown in four games.
8. West Virginia – In 2000, if we told you that West Virginia vs. South Florida was one of the biggest games of the season, what would you have said to us?
9. Texas – Granted, they are the second best team in the Big 12, but right now, the gap between them and Oklahoma is like the Grand Canyon.
10. Rutgers – They haven’t given us a reason to move them up or down in weeks
11. Oregon – We haven’t been this excited for a Pac-10 game in a while.
12. Boston College – The GTech win looks less impressive now. BC’s schedule gets real easy for the next few weeks.
13. Kentucky – You have no idea how happy it makes us to keep moving them up in our ballot.
14. Clemson – We guess we have to include them now. We’re just waiting for the other shoe to drop on this team.
15. South Florida – We will get a better idea of how good this team really is this Friday
up in the SEC championship game
16. Georgia – Nice win at ‘bama
17. South Carolina – A really good showing in defeat vs. LSU. This team will be heard from again this year
18. Virginia Tech – We have no idea what to make of this team
19. Alabama – We can’t really kill them for that tough OT loss to UGA
20. Arizona St. – A new entry to the poll on our ballot. In a 4 week stretch starting next month they play Cal, Oregon, UCLA, and USC in a row. We’ll learn about this team then.
21. Purdue – Granted, they haven’t played anybody, but every one if their wins has been an blowout
* * * * *
Penn State – 9 goddam points against Michigan? What a fraud they turned out to be.
* * * * *
Others Receiving Consideration:
Michigan State – Probably the next team in if they impress and someone else loses.
Cincinnati – Suddenly, the Big East is looking like the third or fourth best BCS conference.
Missouri – Right now, they look like they are headed to the Big 12 Championship Game.
Definitely Not Receiving Any Consideration, Especially Not After Beating Some Hapless I-AA School In The Middle Of The Night By 56 Points, With Their Backup QB – Hawaii